One Piece: New Horizon

Just another One Piece Forum, but with less Japanese and more English. Made for fans and non-fans alike.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Wed May 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Just another miserable day sitting around waiting for my inevitable death...No doubt I'll be hung, or put to the firing squad for what I've done. Was it necessary? Probably not, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that I couldn't control myself...but that, that just might be my strength...
Wait, what am I doubting myself for? I just began my own legacy...like my father. There's no turning back now! I'll give the world something to talk about, I'll be so famous I'll win battles before they start, the world will know the name Xavier Belmont! Now if only I could find myself out of this pickle I'm in. I can't go back to Belletown, but if I can get to North Harbortown...Yeah, that's what I'll do.

With Rowen's self reflection complete. He set off to North Harbortown. It would take some tact, which of course he has in droves. After a day or so of travelling, only using the roads at night really added to the travel time. After arriving in town, he procured a black scarf, to wrap around his neck and cover his face in times it would be necessary. Hopefully not any time soon, but with the speed news travels here, it wouldn't surprise him if it did. Nothing notable happened however while he was meandering around the town.

His second stop was in the harbour to see if he could get himself a small ship that could be sailed by one person. However, that seemed highly improbable and proved to be so after he walked along the docks eyeing up all of the vessels. Not a single ship capable of being manned by one soul.
With a loud exasperated sigh, he slumped against the side of one of the ships and hung his head. Only to be interrupted by someone blowing a whistle, and then a loud bang as a musket fired in his direction burrowing itself in the hull of the ship beside his cranium.

"Holy s**t!" Rowen shouted before drawing his revolvers and running down the docks returning fire at the town guard's that just took the potshot at him. Luckily the enemy soldier's next volley missed him completely as he was covered by the cargo offloading from a nearby ship. Taking this moment to catch his breath he reloaded his revolvers and let them fall softly into their holsters on his hips.

"Ahoy matey! Looks tae me like ye be in a fair bit of trouble eh, mate?" An older gentlemen spoke. As Rowen looked up he could see the man's black and grey spotted beard and he recognized him as Mervin, one of the pirates that was once from his father's crew.

"Merv? I see my reputation precedes me already. Attracting scoundrels like you to my cause." Rowen snipped.

"Aha! Yer tongue be as sharp as eva mate!" The old man chuckled. "Ha'eva, we da nae 'ave much time! Here, cover yer self wit' this, eh lad?" He said as he crammed a barrel over his head, and forced it to the dock.

A few moments after pounding footsteps could be heard. The soldiers.

"Halt! You there! Old man! Where'd that red haired man go?" The captain shouted his orders.

Merv smiled. "Tha' wee young lad I saw runnin' a moments ago, ye? That be the one ye be talkin' 'bout?"

"Yes! Now where is he? Quickly! Or I will arrest you for interfering!" The captain of the soldiers shouted.

"Aye, 'e be in dis 'ere barrel." Merv motioned to the barrel sitting still underneath his arm.

"You fool!" The captain shouted, "Steiner! Search that ship. Blank! Make sure no one comes off or gets on that ship." The captain balked and walked down the dock towards
the ship. Moving to assist Steiner in searching. When they made their way far down the dock, Merv opened the top of the barrel.

"How goes it in there lad?" Merv smirked.

"It smells like your daughter opened her legs again." Rowen replied.

Merv's eyes narrowed before he slapped the top of the barrel back on. "Hold on tight lad." He said before tipping the barrel and rolling it away down the dock. "Do nae make a peep, or ye'll be gutted faster than ye ever seen."

The barrel came to a stop, and Merv walked off. His voice could be heard, but not understood and suddenly the barrel he was in was lifted from the ground, it took everything he had to hold himself in the barrel as the bottom was open. He could see gigantic feet below him, must be the man carrying the barrel. Eventually he was lowered into the hold of a ship, but he had no idea which one. Or where he was heading. But, anywhere is better than here...

"Merv, would you mind telling me why we're smuggling a boy off the island?" A gruff voiced man inquired.

"He be my old captain's son. I be figurin' I owe him somethin' as a payment fer him speakin' up at me trial. T'was 'is voice alone that kept me from the hangman's rope. Ol' Captain Belmont 'ad it in 'is mind ta string me up for the mutiny I be startin' years ago." Merv explained.

"Mm, I see. Well, we'll bring him to Havon. No farther. It's off this island. I don't owe this boy any favours, and that's as far as I'll go to help you with yours. Now get out of my
chamber." The captain shooed Merv off, and Merv closed the door behind him. "The Belmont boy eh? Interesting."

Eventually, the ship set sail to Havon Island, not a long trip, you could see it as the tiniest speck on the horizon. Merv went to let Rowen out of his barrel chariot, and with that begins our next tale...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Shortly after Blade's departure, frustration already took place upon the small boat.
"How do people even read these things!?" Blade shouted impatiently while twisting and turning his map, fighting with the breeze. "Is this even a map for the North Blue?" He questioned as he searched for his spear to pin the map down. Searching through his belongings several times over, no spear is found. "You've got to be kidding me that was my favourite!" He stomped his foot and thrashed around angrily, not noticing the map blowing away in the wind. "No no no! S**t!" He reached out full length to try and grab the map, but he was way too far.

Something caught Blade's eye though. A ship. He hasn't seen one for a few hours. He'd almost believed no one even sails around these parts this time of the year. "Gotta be merchants or something if they're coming here... Or pirates..." He muttered to himself. He rows his boat towards the ship, wondering if they'd be able to point him in the right direction, or give him a new map. He'd hope they're not pirates so he can get off the sea, but he wouldn't mind a good fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Thu May 29, 2014 6:16 pm

"Captain!" The man in the crow's nest called out. "Captain!" He yelled out again, as he began to climb down from his post so quickly it seemed as though he jumped.

"Aye, I hear you lad. Stop screaming and tell me what you seen." The captain spoke calmly.

"A row boat captain! Heading straight at us, only a single man aboard too!" The man said excitedly, like he was expecting a reward for spotting out this lone boatman.

"Rolf! Fire at the boatman." The captain stated while walking to the bow to watch what happens.

"Aye, aye!" Was shouted from somewhere below deck, before two panels flopped open in the front of the hull, and a small cannon poked out through the new opening. After a few moments a loud bang was heard as a cannonball went sailing through the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Thu May 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Blade only expressed disappointment. The cannonball heading straight at him. "If they wanted to fight they could've at least done so like men!" He shouted, immediately muttering afterwards "Strike...". Blade swiftly draws Snatch, his hooked sword, twisting it to grab the hand guard of Bilge. "Finishing." He muttered with deep disappointment in his voice as he slashed at the cannonball using Bilge with lightning speed the moment it was in range. It split in half and missed his boat. "Cowards!" Blade shouted, pointing the two joined swords towards the ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Thu May 29, 2014 9:04 pm

"Sir! Rolf missed!" The really excitable man called out.

"Thank you. I couldn't see that for myself. What would I ever do without you?" The captain sighed. "Rolf, get ready to fire again." The captain ordered.

Meanwhile in the cargo hold

"God damn it Merv!" Rowen sighed. "Nobody just puts a stowaway on a pirate ship!" He complained. "Especially one as dashingly handsome as I am..." He said with a twinkle in his eye, as he combed his fingers through his hair for a moment only to be interrupted by the deafening twang of cannon fire.

"Makes ye wonder who they be shootin' at eh lad?" Merv pondered.

"You nincompoop!" Rowen leaped from his seat, and began to sneak into the ship heading for the source of the cannon fire. He found a couple of pirates loading another cannon ball into the barrel who then packed it, and rolled the ball into place before stopping and staring at the man in white coat who was also staring back at them.

"Good evening gentlemen! My name is Rowen Belmont and I have come to inquire as to who you are firing at! So, if I may be so bold. Who are you firing at?" Rowen was almost talking with his hands with how much he motioned with them during his speech.

"Uhh..." Rolf stuttered. He was a tall, and sturdily built man, probably from handling cannonballs all day. Those things aren't light! "Who are you again? How'd you get on the ship?"

"Oh, that is an easy question my dear chap! I was invited by your captain! And the dear old Merv. Quite the fellows those two." Rowen smiled as he approached the two men.

Rolf and the other man exchanged glances. "Well, you should back up. We're about fire on this guy again. The cannon is loud, I'll ask ya again how you got on the ship in a moment. Since I didn't hear ya." Rolf turned to begin to light the cannon, striking a match and moving it slowly towards the fresh wick.

"Now now, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Rowen stated calmly, watching the man attempt to light the primer in the cannon.

"I ain't stoppin' for no one but the captain." Rolf ignored Rowen and continued to move the match to the wick, suddenly there was a crack of gunfire and the wick was shot into nothing. Rolf glanced over and seen Rowen twirling a white revolver in his left hand before dropping it into his holster.

"Whaddya doin' boy! Are ye mad?!" Merv yelled from behind Rowen.

"I wish to know who they are firing on, and I refuse to take ignorance in lieu of an answer." Rowen glanced back at Merv before focusing on the two men.

"You're in fer it now boy!" The other man called out, and charged him with Rolf.

Merv even joined in on the assault; he drew a scimitar and charged Rowen.

Rowen closed his eyes for a moment, and drew both of his revolvers. Gun Kata, remember Rowen. Remember your training. You got this! He opened his eyes, and it was as if everything was in slow motion. He took aim, and trained his left hand revolver on Rolf's right knee, and his right hand revolver on the other man's left knee. Then he fired dropping both of those men to the floor, and in an instant spun around to have his right hand revolver pressed against Merv's forehead at the full length of his arm plus his gun. His left hand was tucked down pressed against his side, making an almost uppercut motion with that revolver trained on Merv's gut.

"Ah, ah, ahh. Not so fast Merv." Rowen took one step back away from Merv. "Throw your sword in the corner, then get on your knees." he ordered.

Merv did as he was told. "Now what lad? Yer cornered, on a pirate ship. Ye ain't got nae where to run."

"Oh Merv, I am not running. I am commandeering this vessel. With the help of whoever is being fired upon out there." Rowen smirked, before walking backwards and stepping over Rolf and the other man who were writhing and holding their knees. He turned to look outside to see a lone man on board a row boat drifting towards them, while he stood there with his two swords drawn.

Shit! One guy? Looks like I'm gonna have my work cut out for me. Really gonna earn my title out here amongst the pirates after this!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Fri May 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Blade sheathes his two swords, then resumes rowing. He'd thought that they wanted a real fight, that had to have been why they stopped shooting. He smiled, wondering how many of them he should challenge at once. "You're going to have to carry me up." Blade turned and said. Upon reaching the ship, he grabbed Kiddo and tossed him cape-form at the ship. Kiddo transforms into lion-form, as Blade jumps and grabs onto Kiddo's back. Kiddo climbs up with ease, and Blade grips his katana's sheath. They arrive on deck, and Blade quickly looks about anticipating danger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Sat May 31, 2014 4:00 pm

"Yer jus' like yer pappy!" Merv growled at Rowen from his knees. "Ye wan' tae much power. Ye cannae control evr'y'thin' lad"

"Merv, it is not about controlling everything." He said before walking slightly past Merv on his right side, and bashing him with the handle of his revolver on the back of his neck, rendering him unconscious.

Reloading his revolvers, he dropped them back into their holsters during a flashy display of spinning them over his fingers then he pulled his coat back over and covered them. Rowen listened to his surroundings carefully, ready to engage the next group of pirates as he proceeded topside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What in the blazes was that noise?" The captain grunted angrily. "Rolf! Fire those damn guns!" After another moment of silence. "You three, go check on Rolf and Fred. The rest of you, deal with him." The Captain motioned to the man from the rowboat standing who was now standing on deck.

Fourteen men were standing there, their attention fixed on the strange man from the rowboat. They were all snarling at him, and clearly they were all bloodthirsty. Three of them began to approach him. "We'll get this guy." One of them said as he drew his scimitar. The others did the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Blade laughed. "I'll take at least 5 at once. I'm sure my lion here can take a few!" He swiftly drew Crimson, his red tinted katana, and assumed a low two-handed stance. Kiddo roared towards the hostility, and leaped forward sweeping his front claws at the two closest pirates. Blade quickly steps forward and jumps onto Kiddo's back and leaps over the three approaching pirates, initiating a spinning heavy slash towards any that were standing behind them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Sat May 31, 2014 10:05 pm

The men didn't expect the lion to pounce so far, and two were caught by his enormous claws rending their flesh viciously, splattering blood all across the deck. The men were in shock from the sudden loss of their friends. As Blade soared over the lion and the initial three pirates' heads they couldn't help but leave their jaws agape. The pirates behind them however, were not ready for Blade's assault and three of them were cut down with his single mighty blow.

The three who were jumped over, swung around instilled with rage at the loss of their comrades. They charged blade, and the remaining seven from the sidelines all converged on Blade, encircling him in an arena made of men.

Meanwhile inside the ship...

"Rolf mate! Whatcha doin'? The captain is pissed that ye ain't firin' when he tells ya to!" One of the men called out.

"Yeah Fred, you don't want to be lashed again. It's only been three days since your last one." One of the other two called out.

"Ah, is that what the other fellow's name is." Rowen was leaning against one of the support beams off to the side, and he just attracted the attention of the three men that were on their way down.

"Who are you?" One of them snarled.

"Rowen Belmont." He bowed. "Always a pleasure!" He chuckled. "Now, I am truly sorry about this." He said, before he skulked backwards into the shadows.

"Oi! Whaddya talkin' 'bout?!" Another man snarled.

The sound of a chain coming loose and clinking to the floor was heard before a glint of light was caught reflecting off a piece of cold steel flying through the air. It whipped across the first pirate's face and skirted on the ground before it snapped back and cut the other pirate's chest. Both fell with grievous wounds.

The last man shuddered back at first before drawing his scimitar and rushing into the darkness. The loud clink of chain sliding on the floor was heard before a metal twang and a locking sound echoed in the wooden hull of the ship. The pirate spun around trying to locate the sound only in time to block an oncoming slash. Rowen was there, directly in front of him. They locked eyes for a moment and the pirate could see the malicious intent swirling around in Rowen's.

This is what scared him. The clash was broken when Rowen skillfully loosed the pirate's sword from his hand, and flung it into the wall where it burrowed itself and flexed and jiggled with the force. Rowen then pressed his sword to the pirate's throat, and pushed it in lightly making the pirate take a few steps back. Rowen took this moment to draw his revolver and shoot the pirate point blank in the chest.

As that man fell he popped the cylinder in his revolver and pulled out the empty casing and popped a fresh one in its place. Dropping it back into its holster he continued up the stairs where he saw a circle of pirates chanting and screaming. Must be that guy from the rowboat. Rowen thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:34 am

"You all stand all menacing but not a single one of you was prepared?" Blade snarled and glared at the ones immediately catching his attention. "Maybe it's the inferior weaponry." He spoke sharp as he quickly sheathed his katana and kicked up two scimitars from the fallen pirates, catching them and brandishing them to his sides immediately. Kiddo figured this was Blade's fight, again. The lion leaped at Blade and turned back into cape-form, precisely landing on Blade's back. Almost immediately after, Blade unleashed his assault towards the helm-side of the ship, swinging agile and recklessly, as if his opponents were just as worthless as those at Havon. Two hits connect with ease on his right, however, on his left, a snarky pirate caught his sword's guard, slicing his hand and causing him to let go. Blade laughs at his own mistake and swings at the pirate without hesitation, his attack was intercepted. "Should've dodged." He claimed, as he kicked hard at the pirate's stomach, sending him tumbling down the deck. Blade twirls around to intercept an oncoming attack from behind, catching the pirate's ear with a quick counter strike followed by a roundhouse kick to her head while snatching her scimitar as she's wincing in pain, and quickly plummeting to the ground as the hit connects. He lifts his arms to intercept a joint attack from each side. "Only strength in numbers?" He taunted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:13 am

Rowen watched the man in action. He was cutting through the pirates with relative ease. He nodded in approval with following his gut instinct, and then began to approach the captain who was busy watching the fight. However, he did turn to face Rowen when he became relatively close.

"You must be the Belmont boy Merv brought onto my ship." The captain shook his head. "I knew I should've ran that barrel through the moment he told me. Yet, I felt compelled to let Merv run with his fantasy. Look where that got me." He looked up at the sun while the calm ocean currents gently rocked the ship. "Remember that boy. Your crew is there for you to use, they're not your friends. Letting 'em do their own thing only gets you into situations like this." The captain drew his sabre and pointed it at Rowen. "Now, fight me. I'll not let ye take my ship while I still draw breath!"

Rowen shook his head. "What is your name captain? I refuse to have an honorable duel with someone before I know their name." Rowen adjusted his weight turning his left shoulder inward, and moved his right foot back a bit.

"My name? Why is that important?" The captain spat off the side of the ship. "Well, I suppose if you'd like to know the name of the man that slays you. Then, it will be done. I am Captain Albert Alexander."

"Nay, I wish to honour your name in the history books when it reads from who I acquired my first ship. Rowen smirked before reaching with his right hand over his right shoulder and hovering his hand around his whip sword's handle. "Whenever you are ready Captain Alexander. I await your first move."

Last edited by Rowen Belmont on Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:10 pm

The two pirates relentlessly attack Blade at his sides, although he blocks each attack with ease, more focused on the four charging straight at him, swords raised high. "No form?" He questioned, wondering why these pirates even fight. Blade quickly steps backward. "You know you can surrender, I won't kill." The words that only made the pirates laugh and continue their assault. Blade quickly bows and makes use of the two weapons, intercepting and dodging five from the right, and singling out a pirate to his left. The single pirate blocked and backed up unable to find Blade's openings, till he could back up no more. Blade backflipped and planted his feet on one of the pirate's shoulders, kicking off with another backflip, sending the pirate stumbling to the smaller pirate he singled out earlier, both of them twirling off the ship. "It's not the weapons." Blade realized, pinning another pirate in place by throwing both the scimitars at his feet. Blade wanted to finish this quickly, he hears someone picking a fight with his main target. Was it a prisoner or something? Or is it betrayal? Maybe he'd like to fight the winner.
Blade immediately draws his hooked longsword before any pirate attacks could be made against him. To the first one attacking, he swiftly hooks into the hand of the attacking pirate, forcing the sword out of their hand. He twirls the snatched blade and launches it at another pirate's leg, rending him immobile. And to the last standing pirate, Blade hooks Bilge, and shouts "Strike!" as he swings the joined swords through the pirate. Panic struck the pirate's face, he thought he'd be dead for sure, life flashing before his eyes, and losing grip on his sword. "Finishing!" Blade shouted once more, as all but the pirate's briefs had been sliced off.
Most of the pirates were still alive, but all of them backed off but the two that couldn't. Blade gently sheaths his two swords, and heads up to where the captain and stranger were fighting. He looked impatient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:35 pm

"Come on. Let's get this show on the road!" Rowen shouted, becoming slightly impatient at the captain's inaction. His hand twitched above the handle of his whip sword.

"As you wish." Captain Alexander stated, as he drew his flintlock pistol and fired at Rowen.

Rowen hardly had time to react, and the bullet graze his cheek as he barely made it out of bullets path. Blood sprayed from the graze and then slowly trickled down under his left eye, down his cheek and past his chin. Alexander was now rushing Rowen he slashed his sabre horizontally at Rowen's chest.

"Storm slash!" Rowen drew his whip sword with lightning speed, smashing Alexander's sabre into the deck of the ship, and loosing it from his hand as it bounced away across the deck. Then with his left hand, he gripped the handle of his katana, and drew it while stepping forward and ramming the hilt of it into Alexander's gut causing him to vomit some blood and fall to his knees.

Rowen sheathed his whip sword, and slid his katana back into it's sheath as it was half drawn from the hilt blow. "Captain Alexander." Rowen began, "it would seem you are defeated. I leave the choice with you." He gently caressed the handle of his katana before taking the captain's hat off, and carefully nestling it on the helm. "Death by the sword, an honourable death. Death by the sea, a pirate's death. Or, you can take whoever from your crew who still lives, and leave on that small rowboat my new friend over there arrived on. Also an honourable defeat. There is nothing wrong with losing to someone with my skill...or my charm." He chuckled slightly to himself. "Now, what say you?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:29 am

"Friend?" Blade chimed in, walking up towards the two. "I hope you either spare him or figure out how to sail. I don't want to be stuck out here with a bunch of misfit pirates and whoever the hell you're supposed to be." He shrugged, keeping his hand steady above his katana. "I'm only here because I lost my map anyways. I could use a spare, or a ride to Iris Island. I heard there's potential there. Most of your crew is still alive, thankfully because I'm much less a savage." He glared at Rowen, now clutching his katana.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:26 pm

"Savage?" Rowen echoed. "I dare say it, you sliced up more people than I." He glanced down at the pirate captain, then back to Blade. "One or two of them may die from their wounds, but it looks like you've inflicted more life threatening wounds to the crew than I have." He finished as he glanced around the ship at many of the pirates who were wounded. "Either way, it is semantics. They are pirates; who opened fire on you. They would not have shown you the same mercies." Rowen sighed, and turned his back to both of them.

"It is your lucky day Albert Alexander." Rowen gazed outwards into the horizon. "I have decided that you are indeed leaving the ship, with whomever of your crew wants to leave with you. Thanks to the words of this kind young man. The way he seen me as a monster is not the way I want to be seen by the public. At least, even if they do see me as such. I will know the truth. Now, away with you." Rowen said walking towards the helm of the ship without looking back.

Captain Alexander started laughing when he drew a second a flintlock pistol and took aim at Rowen's back...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Blade merely chuckled at Rowen's words. "Isn't that what you aim to be? A pirate?" At breakneck pace, he drew his katana and struck at the captain's hand. "Besides. As long as they want to fight, I keep swinging. They could've surrendered at any time. I'd appreciate it if you didn't rudely interrupt, Albert." He stepped forward and patted the captain on the back then pushed him gently towards the stairs. "This ship and this crew aren't worth dying for. Aim higher sir." He spoke gently then turned his attention once again to Rowen, asking him, "So are you taking me to Iris Island or is that something I have to continue fighting for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Rowen turned around to see Alexander clutching at the spot where his hand used to be, and upon further inspection noticed that his severed hand was a few feet from where he was, clutching a flintlock pistol.

"Oh, well then." Rowen sighed, before looking at Blade. "I will not fight you, there is no reason. I also have no problem with taking you to Iris Island. Seems like as good a place as any to start looking for a crew to man this ship." He glanced around at the riggings of the ship and nodded to himself. "If you would not mind a little bit of manual labour, we could limp this ship to Iris Island in a few hours with this wind."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Blade sheathed his katana and closed his eyes. "There's always a reason to fight." He turned and looked out to sea. "Well, whatever it takes I suppose, what do you need help with?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:48 pm

"See that rope over there? The one attached to the mast?" Rowen pointed to a large rope tied to an anchor point at the base of the mast. "Go loose that until the sail falls completely, then tie it off to the anchor point underneath that one. Make sure the sail falls slow."

Rowen spun the helm with one hand so it would turn the ship into the wind and in the direction of Iris Island. "Then after you do that, come with me."

During that, Alexander picked up his hand, and his crew helped him onto the rowboat. A bunch of the pirates left with him, but a few stayed. Including a mountain of man who Rowen instantly recognized as the guy who carried him in the barrel into the ship's hold.

"You are new Captain?" The man asked with an obvious fear in his voice.

Rowen smiled and looked up the man who was easily nine feet tall if not more. "Yes. I believe I am."

"Me Krom, Me do heavy lifting and punishing of pirates who no agree with Captain." Krom still had that fear and uneasiness to his voice.

"Oh, there won't be any need for that Krom. I would like to fancy myself as a friend of the crew, not just their captain. Believe me when I say, I do not agree with your previous captain's philosophy." Rowen stated, before gently patting the man on his side and continuing on.

"No, captain not do work." Krom set his heavy hand on Rowen's shoulder and pulled him back slightly causing his boots to slide on the deck of the ship. "Me get crew to work."

"Oh, Krom that-"

"NO!" Krom shouted interrupting him.

"Alright, alright." Rowen said throwing both hands up in the air submissively. "I'll go back to the helm then."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 am

Blade shrugged and proceeded to follow Rowen's command. "Don't understand why a giant flag is so important..." He muttered as he lowered the sail gently. He tied the rope as instructed. "Yup that's a mast." He shook his head in ignorance. "I'll never understand pirates, or boats."

Blade sat down by the post, awaiting any further instructions if any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:11 pm

"It's not a flag, it's the sail. It catches wind and makes the ship move. That's why." Said a grumpy sounding pirate as he stepped around Blade continuing to go about his business.

"Our heading is Iris Island. Let's get moving." Rowen said loud enough for most of the crew to hear so that they would know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Blade was on the verge of dozing off. All that rowing and fighting made him sleepy. "Catching wind doesn't make you move faster... Otherwise people would never exhale..." He muttered in ignorance as he passed out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:03 pm

The ship sailed to Iris Island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowen Belmont

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 pm

The ship landed in the port of a harbour city on Iris island. It was kind of a small, lonely port with not much hustle and bustle. However, there were all kinds of small fishing boats, and various other supply ships from nearby islands.

"You go do business. I take care of boat when you're gone." Krom said as he approached Rowen. "Ship be ready to leave whenever you ready too." Krom smiled, and walked away, before shouting at the crew.

Krom is a kindhearted man. A definite asset to have on my side, with him running the crew I do not even have to worry about them being untrustworthy. Krom likes me, and that is enough to keep them in check. However, I need people with substance, more than just sailing talent...Now where would I find someone like that. It will not hurt to have look around the island now that we're here. Rowen looked up at the sky before stepping off the helm, and over to where Blade passed out. "Hey stranger, we're here." Rowen tapped Blade lightly on the shoulder. "Feel like checking out the sights? See what kind of things are happening on the island?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chrono

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Blade stood up and stretched, then walked ahead of Rowen without speaking. He wanted food more than anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain    

Back to top Go down

The Misadventures of An Aspiring Captain
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next